Chemical Dependency and the Dysfunctional Family
CodependencyAre You Codependent?
Not all codependents look alike. However, if you answer “yes” to many of the following statements, you may want to take a closer look at your behavior.
- I am afraid no one will like me;
- I try to avoid conflict as much as possible;
- Other people's happiness is more important than my own;
- When things go wrong, it's my fault;
- People do not really like me. They are just pretending;
- I never do anything right.
Codependents think they are helping someone they love. By keeping the dysfunction a secret, they believe they are making things more peaceful and easier for everyone in the family.
- Chemical Dependency and the Dysfunctional Family - Codependency - Hiding Addiction
- Chemical Dependency and the Dysfunctional Family - Codependency - Poor Behavioral Patterns
- Other Free Encyclopedias
Marriage and Family EncyclopediaChemical Dependency and the Dysfunctional FamilyChemical Dependency and the Dysfunctional Family - Codependency - Caring Codependents, Poor Behavioral Patterns, Are You Codependent?, Hiding Addiction, Ignoring Addiction