Gender - Conceptualization Of Gender, Gender Roles And Stereotypes, Interaction Between Gender And Power, Interaction Between Gender And Other Social Categories
Gender is a dichotomous social category that prescribes behaviors, attitudes, feelings, and other characteristics as being appropriate for a male or a female. That is, knowing an individual's gender allows us to place him or her in a distinct social category (male or female) and then judge his or her behaviors based on our expectations for that category. This entry introduces the prominent theories and empirical research related to the conceptualization of gender, gender roles and gender stereo-types, gendered power relations, and the interaction of gender with other social categories.
- Trust - Defining Trust, The Development Of Trust, The Impact Of Trust In Established Relationships, Conclusion
- Boundary Dissolution - Dimensions Of Boundary Dissolution, Is Boundary Dissolution A Whole-family Or Dyadic Phenomenon?, Is Boundary Dissolution A Culturally Bounded Phenomenon?
- Gender - Conceptualization Of Gender
- Gender - Gender Roles And Stereotypes
- Gender - Interaction Between Gender And Power
- Gender - Interaction Between Gender And Other Social Categories
- Other Free Encyclopedias