Why A Family Assessment?, What, Where, And How Of Family Assessment, Selection Of Assessment Methods
Since the last half of the twentieth century there has been a growing interest in the empirical study of the family. Family assessment has been undertaken by social scientists who examine various dimensions of family life. Assessment may also be undertaken by mental health professionals with the goal of obtaining information about the families who seek their assistance in order to determine the necessary interventions and the methods of evaluating their outcomes.
Many of the objectives of family assessment are similar to assessment of individuals and their personalities. Issues about what is being assessed may be primary but when, where, how, and why the assessment is taking place may all be relevant.
- Phenomenology - Mundane Phenomenology (everyday Life), Existential Phenomenology, Ethical Phenomenology, Social Phenomenology, Ethnomethodology And Family Discourse
- History of Family
- Family Assessment - Why A Family Assessment?
- Family Assessment - What, Where, And How Of Family Assessment
- Family Assessment - Selection Of Assessment Methods
- Family Assessment - Self-report Questionnaires
- Family Assessment - Focused Interviews And Discussion Tasks
- Family Assessment - Tasks For Families With Very Young Children
- Family Assessment - Rating Family Behavior
- Family Assessment - Limitations And Cautions
- Other Free Encyclopedias
Marriage and Family EncyclopediaFamily Theory & Types of Families