Relating As A Process Of Contradiction, Contradictions And Change, Communication And Contradictions, Conclusion
The fundamental assumption of social dialectical theorists is that all relationships—friendships, romantic relationships, family relationships—are interwoven with multiple contradictions. Social dialectics is not a single theory but a family of theories (Montgomery and Baxter 1998). Like any family, the various dialectical approaches share some features in common yet differ in others. This entry emphasizes the common features.
- Symbolic Interactionism - Importance Of Meanings, Situational Definitions, Self-concept Formation, Divisions Within Symbolic Interactionism, Symbolic Interactionism And Family Studies
- Dialectical Theory - Relating As A Process Of Contradiction
- Dialectical Theory - Contradictions And Change
- Dialectical Theory - Communication And Contradictions
- Dialectical Theory - Conclusion
- Other Free Encyclopedias